Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My mission call...

I'm sure many of you heard that I was planning on serving a mission. My call came yesterday Sept. 22nd 2008. When it finally got here I started to get really nervous and almost feel sick. A couple hours later we had a bunch of people come over when I opened. After I found out that i would be serving in the Cherry Hill New Jersey Mission I just felt so at peace and I knew thats where the lord wanted me to go serve. Im so excited and I just can't wait to go...I report Nov. 19th, 2008. Which was exactly 2 months away from yesterday. It is very comforting because one of my friends Camille Gamboa( we grew up together and she moved away to upland when we were both in the 3rd grade) is actually reporting to the Mtc the same day as me. It will be so fun to be able to experience it together.

6 comments:

Adri said...

Alli! How exciting! I'm glad you found me, now I can keep track of your mission and your cute family. I'm really glad you and Camille will be in the MTC together.

Our Biggs Family said...

Congrats Alli! We are so excited for you. You will be a wonderful missionary. Spring was so happy when she found out you were going to be a missionary. She adores you and talks about all the time you spend with her. Thanks for always being a great example to our children! Let us know when your farewell is going to be. We would like to try to come for it.

Devin & Lindsay said...

Congratulations Alli! That is so exciting! You're going to be an amazing missionary!! :)

Rebecca said...

Wow, that's not far from me! That's so amazing. Congrats.

Tracy said...

I was blog stocking, and decided to check yours out. Congratulations on your mission call-I'm so excited for you! Work hard, be positive, and have faith in Jesus Christ and it will be a great experience. You are so awesome to give this time of your life to the Lord, I hope you receive many blessings!

Unknown said...

I am so sad I wasn't there...I am glad I got to see it here though! Love yoU!