Monday, August 22, 2011

My Name Tag...


So tonight for fhe mom talked/read a story from the ensign about a missionary and his name tag...she asked me and brett to reflect on our name tag and what it meant to us. oh my gosh...i can remember before i went on my mission a good friend of mine telling me she was jealous i got to wear a name tag with jesus christs name on me each and everyday and to never take it for grantid. I remember thinking ok yeah. But i never really knew what she meant until i now long for that sometimes. I miss my mission so much some days. I miss the great joy i felt, I miss the people i met that became my family. I miss represently my savior each and everyday. I miss it and im just so grateful for it. I think how lucky i am cause everyone doesn't get to represent there savior the way i got to. I can remember times on my mission when i would think something, or want to do something, and then i would stop myself because i would remember who i was representing. It was such a good reminder and i hope i can continue to remember that and strive to be that way even though i dont physically have his name on me. I hope i can always remember this quote and live up to it... "Live your life so that those who know you, but don't know Him, will want to know Him, because they know you."

1 comment:

♥rubyrose said...

LOVE THIS POST! I SOOOOOOOO CAN RELATE! IM GRATEFUL WE BOTH HAD THAT CHANCE TO REP THE TAG;) THANKS FOR SHARING THAT QUOTE!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!:)