Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Im engaged...

So on Jan 6th 2012 tommy and I headed down to san diego to visit his brother tui in the navy. We were planning on this for a while since my cousin was getting married the next day in the san diego temple. We figured it would be fun to see him and then we wouldnt have to leave home so early. As I was getting off work I called Tommy to make sure he would be ready to go and he said lets go to the beach. Something fun about tommy is he is spontaneous and likes to change up the plans sometimes. Its good for be since I'm a planner and like to know whats going on. I think were good for each other that way. =) anyways. to make a long story short tui was expecting us so we ended up going to san diego as planned not the huntington beach as tommy was planning. We first drove to this area by the water that was full of fog and looked a little creepy if you ask me. Tommy told me to keep driving and we ended up going to this beautiful beach that was by a hotel that looked like a castle. It was perfect. By the water, and rocks and not too many people around which was just what I wanted. I really had no idea this was coming. We sat by the water and listen to the waves and enjoyed the beach. Then tommy told me he had something. He pulled out an ipod with speakers and turned on a song and told me he wanted to dance. Its called next to you by christ brown. Before he had told me this song makes him think of me and it was alreadt special to me. It was funny because as we were trying to dance to it we couldnt really since it wasnt that slow. We were laughing but I kept telling tommy how cute he was to do something like that. Then he told me that we should leave. So we started to pack everything up. So we did and then tommy told me we should go for a walk. At this point I thought something was up. Why would he tell me we should leave then go for a walk. He didnt seem nervous the whole time he was calm and so normal. So then when we were walking I was wondering what was going on so I wasnt really paying attention to what he was saying and I wish I was. He was telling me how much he loved me and etc. Thats really all I remember. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was so cute. I loved every minute of it. We will soon be married very soon on march 17th 2012. I cant wait for the day when I can finally be together for time and all eternity with my very best friend. It was very special that the next day we were able to go to the san diego temple and sit in the celestial room together and I just felt so at peace and I thought of the day that I too could soon be there with tommy making those sacred promises and blessings. =)

1 comment:

Devin & Lindsay said...

awwwww!!! that is soo sweet!!