Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tommys homecoming..




Wow my goal of writing on here weekly has for sure failed. Life has been so busy but great.,..let me first share that tommys homecoming was so amazing..I love being able to just be in his presence. When I first saw him at the airport I wasnt sure if it was going to be awkward but it only lasted about 5 minutes as he greeted his family first. Then he asked to take a picture with me. I knew he wasnt going to be weird around me. We took his straight to the stake presidents house where he was released. It felt like we just started right where we left off. Because of his timing coming home and me working at schools it ended up that they had christmas breaks around the same time so i only had to take a couple days off and I was lucky enough to spend a good 2 1/2 weeks just doing fun stuff together. We got to spend time in san jose tommys home town for the first time together which was alot of fun. We were able to go to utah to the temple with lots of people from my mission and we even had lunch with the jones who served in tommys ward when he was a child. They have really been like grandparents to tommy. We even got to spend time with my cousins jareds family. They were nice enough to let us stay with them and caitie was off work so she even came along which was lots of fun. We enjoyed celebrating christmas with my family a few days early which was sooo much fun. I loved every minute of it.l Then we headed back to san jose to spend christmas with tommys family which was also amazing. It was so good to be with the family. After we came back to my family to spend a few days. We were lucky to have beautiful weather and got to ride bikes at the beach which is something I really love so much. Then we headed to az to visit tommys brother, sister-n-law and the cutest niece ever miss kyleigh. They made us feel so welcome and it was just alot of fun. Then it was time to head back home to get back to work and start up pathways through byu-i which I must say I love so much. Its so spiritual which I have ever experienced as I attended school and I love that tommy and I get to do it together. Its fun to work on the hw together and be able to attend institute each week together. I have mostly loved just being able to have my best friend around me again to laugh and joke and talk about whatevers.

1 comment:

♥rubyrose said...

so...yea ive been waiting for this post for like evers haha but im so glad your bff is back:) and soon to be fiance which i wouldnt mind a post bout that as well;) just some advice sis...blog as much as you can but every minute because i still "go back" to my old posts and find myself remembering things i had forgotten about...or even feelings of how i felt...cherish each moment and write write write:) unless you have a journal then thats just as awesome:)lol but i know youll be grateful you did if you do!:) send my love to tommy! cant wait for the big day! LOVE YOU!