Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Picking out the ring...

Okay so this is something I really dont want to forget cause I think its cute. So we went to az to see tommys brother edward. we had such a fun time with his little family and the night before we left I had told tommy that the next day i wanted to go shopping. Just the 2 of us. Since he had gotten home we really hadnt been able to spend much time just the 2 of us. So much family to be with. Which was fun dont get me wrong but we need some time alone too.That morning as we were getting ready to leave tommy said he wanted to watch a movie. I was sad because I had been looking forward to shopping with him but I realize how much he loves movies and he hasnt seen so many since his mission. So I was just gonna let him watch it and leave a little later then I wanted to. He took a shower and told me he wasnt going to watch the movie and that we were going to go shopping. I just felt so special. Like really he didnt have to do that. It was very considerate of him and honestly made me feel a little selfish and bratty.ha ha..hes so nice to me... So on the way home we did some shopping. We didnt get very far. We went to the mall like 5 minutes from his brothers house. So the first store we come tois a diamond store and tommy was like lets look in there. So i was like yeah this is so fun I really never have looked at rings and never tommy and I together. So we looked and the first place we went i saw the ring I loved. The man his name was ryan who was showing us around was so nice and helpful. So he showed us some other rings but I really loved the first one I tried on. (funny thing about this is I loved the first wedding dress I tried on and it ended up being the dress I got as well. just a little side note.) So we went to a few more ring places but nothing else caught my eye and no one else was as nice as ryan. I ended up going to pacsun which was having a major sale. I was sooo excited and looking around alot. Tommy said he was gonna go to a shoe store real quick but he would be right back...he ended up rushing back to the ring store and told ryan he wanted to buy the ring right then and there and to hurry..HE asked how tommy got rid of me and he said I was in the dressing room. ha ha...so he bought the ring. OKay funny thing I saw him talking to the lady at pacsun, well i thought he was just asking her for a shoe size but he was really telling her that he just bought a ring and to please hide it in the shoe box. I thought that was a clever idea. I can be nosey sometimes and I would have noticed the ring in his pocket for sure. So I love my ring and it was so fun to be able to pick it out. I love tommy and im so grateful to be able to call him mine. He really is so good to me.

1 comment:

Devin & Lindsay said...

that is such a cute story!! congratulations again!!