Monday, August 20, 2012

Our wedding....Los Angeles Temple

So lets just say I have been a bad writer on the blog. it has been too long and I need to be better about journaling and keeping track with my life. I'm going to try to recap on a few things in the last few months.

March 17th, 2012 will forever be a special day to me. I got to marry my best friend. So our wedding day was lots of fun. It started off a little wet but by the end of the night we all had such a fun time. It was raining so hard and traffic on the freeway was really bad. Traffic going to L.A. is always bad but with the rain it was even worse. Once we got to the temple it felt so peaceful inside. I had to wait for over an hour for my husband to finally make it. He finally did though. It felt so good to be in the celestial room and know that I would be with him forever. It was nice to have so much family and good friends there to support us and share our special day with us. We got lucky right when we came out of the temple the rain stopped for a bit, but it was FREEZING taking the pictures. The wind was blowing and it was cold. We ended up getting lots of great shots together although I wish we had some more family shots due to the weather we weren't able to. (I was so scared the rain would come back.) Afterwards we headed back to the church in upland and had the most fun reception. We had such a good line of friends and siblings. We just had fun. It was a good night. I was surprised when all the groomsmen did some fun dancing for me. It was great. And I had to conquer my fears and do a Polynesian dance for my husband. I was so SCARED. Its something I will never do again but it is a memory and I'm proud of myself for actually doing it. When we were dating I use to tell Tommy he would have to pick someone else to marry if he wanted them to do that at his wedding. As it got closer to us being married his brother explained to me that I really did have to  dance at our wedding because of tradition. I finally agreed. I know it meant alot to Tommy so I just did it. Its funny because my good friend Rachel was so patient with me and she taught me everything. She was such a good teacher. When The time came and I got up there I forgot everything. I just did some moves I remembered over and over again. I loved being able to dance with Tommy and watch him dance for me. It meant alot to me as well. It was fun for my daddy daughter dance I had my sisters join me and my dad and it was fun all being together.One of the most special things to me is that my grandpa don came to the temple and he and my grandma Lorianne came to my reception. Tears filled my eyes when I saw them because I know it was an easy thing for them to be there. With all there medical problems at the time it really took alot but they made it. we danced with both of them in their wheel chairs and they loved it.  A little fun memory I don't want to forget is going to walmart  after our reception. We had to get a few things and I walked in with my wedding dress and all. It was a super fun day and one I never want to forget.
















1 comment:

♥rubyrose said...

so so so in LOVE w/your dress!!! you were a beautiful bride sis! & Love'd everything about your reception! so happy that you're both happy!:) welcome to the club;) xo!